About Me

My photo
New York State
Wife to an Irish import from Drogheda and Mother to two beautiful children and one fluffy white cat.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Shiny People

You know the type, they have it all together. They are always washed, hair done perfectly, clothes in order, hats, gloves and scarves (all matching!?) on the cold days. I meet them all the time in line at the store and they always want to strike up a conversation with me! They say things like "Oh isn't this the best time of the year! I just LOVE Christmas! I just finished my baking for the big day, 50 dozen cookies all different types, 30 pies, 50 cakes blah blah blah" you get the picture. Their gifts have been carefully thought out, bought and wrapped....in July! Christmas cards have been written and mailed out right after Thanksgiving, just so they can be the First to wish you a Merry Christmas. You just have to love them (me not so much). LOL! When they finally come up for air from regaling me with their accomplishments they turn to me with a most expectant look in their eyes and ask me what I have done so far, at which point I look down at my cart full of ready made cookies, cakes and pies, the extra box of Christmas cards and the 10 rolls of wrapping paper and say "Oh I finished all that ages ago too! This stuff is for my neighbor!" LOL! Oh I am such a liar! But I just can't bear to disappoint these people with their Christmas tree sweaters, I mean they just live for this stuff! I complimented one lady on her hideous red sweater with a Christmas Moose (think Bridget Jones Diary!) and she was like "Oh Thank you so much! I have four others at home, one with a reindeer, a Christmas tree with bead ornaments, a snowman with knitted fluff balls and something else that I just can't remember(I think I mentally bailed at this point. She apparently rotates everyday for the holidays! I did NOT ask when she actually starts to wear them, but I am guessing its probably black Friday. LOL! Oh its just too much!
Well now that I have that out of my system, here is my update: I have mailed my international cards. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers